Benefits of OT Supervision
How occupational therapy students can contribute to your team / workplace - what are the benefits of supervising students?The Queensland Occupational Therapy Fieldwork Collaborative (QOTFC) conducted a survey of occupational therapists who reported the following organizational benefits from supervising students. Student placements were found to:
- enable assessment of students for future recruitment potential;
- increase departmental productivity and client service provision;
- develop staff supervision and training skills;
- develop staff clinical reasoning skills;
- develop staff organization & time management skills;
- promote exposure of the service to the community;
- support the maintenance of supervising clinician skills;
- promote diversity in workplace;
- enable organisational projects to be completed, for example the development of protocols and forms;
- enable valuable resources to be developed, for example client manuals, brochures, education programs and occupational therapy resource materials;
- enable the implementation/commencement or continuation of quality assurance or evidence based practice research activities.
For more information please contact the clinical placement manager at your university.