Gaining Supervision Skills
How to gain occupational therapy supervision skills?
You can gain student supervision skills by:
- requesting a phone contact or meeting with a clinical placement manager at your local university;
- attending a James Cook University clinical educator training workshop;
- attending a University of Queensland SHRS inter-professional supervision skills training workshop;
- attending a University of Queensland occupational therapy specific clinical supervision skills half day workshop;
- if you are a University of Queensland clinical educator, you can obtain the Adult Learning Package (a self paced learning module) and work through this in your own time or with some colleagues at a staff meeting/series;
- working through all the information in the QOTFC Clinical Supervisors Toolkit;
- requesting one of the clinical placement managers at your local university to conduct an inservice on clinical supervision at your workplace that is tailor made for your centre's needs;
- assisting with supervision with a more experienced supervisor at your centre or in your region;
- having a first year student/s for observation placements.