Part 2: Setting Up and Maintenance
Setting Up and Sustaining a Positive Student Clinical PlacementCongratulations!! You have decided to provide a student clinical placement. This is wonderful news not only for the student and the University, but also for YOU!
"Setting up and sustaining a positive student clinical placement" is Part Two of the Clinical Educator's Resource Kit. It contains a step-by-step guide to setting up a successful student placement.
This part contains information, ideas, templates and worksheets designed to provide you with ideas, tools and guidance for:
Section One : Setting up for a student placement
- Informing the clinical educator of training and resources available
- preparing a positive human and physical clinical learning environment
- developing meaningful orientation resources and materials
Section Two: Getting Started
- formulating a comprehensive student orientation and clinical timetable
- clarifying your expectations to the student
- planning and providing meaningful student learning opportunities.