Part 3: Approaches to Clinical Education
The information, discussions, tools and suggestions offered in Part Three, aim to:
- provide introduction to adult learning theory and the principles of adult learning
- increase clinical educator awareness of resources that will assist them to continue to build knowledge of adult learning theory
- equip the clinical educator with ideas and strategies for facilitating student learning by applying adult learning principles
- draw attention to differing learning styles and encourage consideration to the unique learning styles of students and consequently to clinical educator teaching styles
- provide guidance regarding the content of clinical supervision sessions and useful tools to enhance reflective practice and self-directed learning.
Next ---> Facilitating Student Learning on Placements